March 11, 2009

Who wants to hitchhike to FL and back?

I could really use some warm weather. I've been dying to be outside getting a tan or at the very least not wearing long sleeves, but sadly the weather here at home has been either raining or under 40 (not satisfactory). I figure that we are interesting enough and don't look like killers, so we might be able to hitchike a good distance and not have to spend the boat-load of money on gas...guess that doesn't save on hotels. If four of us go though, splitting a cheap-ish hotel four ways could be reasonable. So, who's in? Haha, if only work/school didn't have to get in the way of all potentially good ideas.

I saw a dress in a mall nearby here the other day that cost 1395 dollars. On the one hand, how do you tell someone they aren't worth that money? But on the other, why not have at least 50-70 nice dresses instead of one that wasn't all that pretty? The neckline wasn't very appealing, it was a nasty shade of yellow, and pretty sure the cut would have made anyone look fat. Where's the draw in that? Is the only reason people buy those simply to prove they have money?

I purchased Murder at 1600 that day too. A classic Wesley Snipes thriller is always a good 3 dollar purchase (used at FYE). Now I just need to get a few people together to go and watch Madagascar II for a dollar at the second run movies since I haven't seen it yet. I figure it has to be worth a dollar.

1 comment:

MegHan said...

Slumdog Millionaire is at the $5 theater here. We missed today's 6:20 showing but if you leave by noon tomorrow, we could make it!