October 29, 2008

Tried falling back to sleep

...but I failed. So...here I am...2 hours before I need to be up and what do I think? "Oh, I should post a blog." Lucky you. So...I've counted, and my roomate's cell phone has received over 15 texts loudly in the past 10 minutes while he sleeps.

Anyway, I got to hear a live jazz concert last night. The faculty jazz trio had a guest trumpet player in who was quite phenominal. Then I grabbed a late night beer and wings combo from BW3s and wound up pulling a Zach and Dave scream session in Deusenburg...'twas a good night. For those of you who are outside the loop...scream session does not have the dirty connotation it may seem to, it is simply the best way I could find to explain that we enjoy screaming (aka high notes) on the trumpet. We do these late at night because it's less embarassing than having the whole department (particularly our profs) walking around right outside the doors wondering why we are practicing so inefficiently.

On a another note, I'd love it if the Browns have finally decided to play more competitive football for the remainder of the season. Listening to Sunday's game on WTAM the whole way back from Mentor was a joy. Good football for once, I didn't know they had it in them.

Still on sports: the CAVS lost their season opener to the Celts...I suppose that's acceptable. I'd really rather the Rays win than the Phillies, but it looks rather bleak...doesn't it?

Continuing with my stream of consciousness blogging: I don't care which candidate you are going to/have voted for...this campaign is ridiculously dirty...maybe I'm just older and therefore more aware, but if feels worse than before this year. My favorite adds are the ones the candidates don't even "approve." The best add in my opinion has to be McCain telling the world that he voted with Bush 90% of the time. I love the fact that there doesn't even need to be anything else said...that's enough. However, I'm sick of the only adds ever shown in Valpo being Obama ones...give us some variety...fork over the cash McCain. Also, neither of them has a half-way decent Education plan...big surprise. Apparently the teacher's union doesn't have as much power as they'd like to think.

Still on politics...ever notice how Bush's approval rating is so important to everyone...oh snap, it's only 30x % and all that? Why is that so bad when we are going to elect a member of the Senate? Their approval rating as a governing body is below 10%. Just something to ponder. I thank God everyday during this campaign that the president doesn't even have half the power these two claim that office holds. If it did...

No comments: