October 25, 2008
Art
Well, perhaps I'm becoming more cultured. In the past 5 or so years, I have discovered that I can really get something out of trips to art museums. St. Louis, Chicago, Cleveland...they all have some fantastic collections of paintings from Europe and the US. Good stuff. I went to the Cleveland Museum of Art today, and though much of the art I would have most liked to have seen is currently in Michigan as a touring exhibit, i still found a ton of fascinating artwork to ponder. I have to say that Caravaggio is quickly becoming one of my favorite painters...I haven't seen a work by him that I don't like. Renoir and Monet are also favorites, but they were among those not present today, due to the rennovations that won't be complete until 2012. I really don't understand how artists can use light in such fantastic ways to make paintings jump off the wall at you from across the room with such dynamic contrast. The use of certain bright colors to accentuate a certain object reminds me of similar techniques used in famous musical compositions...I won't bore you all with detail, but it's fun to ponder the connections between the major art forms from time to time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment