I realize I haven't posted in quite some time, but I don't think that really bothers anyone due to my small number of readers. This post will quickly sum up my summer thus far.
First off, as the title suggest, I'm a little disenchanted with cleveland's sports teams. The Caveliers had no excuse for losing to Boston. LeBron looked terrible the whole series and then stepped it up for one game and the rest of the team took it as a cue to quit trying so he had no support in game seven. The Indians had a sweet homestand winning 6 out of 7 at one point, but now they've gone on the road to be swept by our cross-state rivals and the hated White Sox, the closest thing we have to true rivals in back to back series...this has taken us from from several games up on the White Sox to several games back because while we've lost 6 in a row, they've won quite a few in a row. It has also killed some of my interest in their season. No team should have the starting pitching we have and be under .500. Our starters went on a stretch of 44 and 1/3 innings without giving up a run. I happened to go to the park for a double header in that stretch. Both starters of the games I saw pitched 9 shut out innings...we only won one of the games. Which leads me to ask...WTF? I did, however, witness in person the 14th unassisted triple play in MLB history, a fact I'll share with my grandchildren one day.
Last weekend I went with our church's youth group to Pioneer Camp and Retreat Center on Lake Erie in New York. I slept on thin mattresses placed on wooden frames of bunk beds and put in quite a few volunteer hours cleaning up various parts of their camp. All in all it was a great experience (check facebook for pictures).
I've also been on the hunt for a job and a car, both of which cause stress and until today had not been rewarding. As of today, I believe I will be driving home a car on Saturday to call my own. This should be great. Hopefully I won't wait another several weeks before updating this and therefore I'll be able to keep you all posted. I think that I'll be giving in and working at McDonalds for another summer, though. I'm going to go in and demand the hours that I will work tomorrow morning. It is better to be working than to not be working both because I get very bored with nothing to do and because getting paid rather than waiting for a better job seems to be in my best interest. ON the bright side, all the employees and managers who made last summer terrible no longer work at McDonalds. So this summer should be a decent one after all.
That's about all I feel like posting tonight. My next post should be slightly less informative and quite a bit more enjoyable/amusing whichever the case may be.
No comments:
Post a Comment