September 28, 2008

passtimes and chicago

Well, as the title suggests...I had a good weekend thus far. Hopefully, it has not yet come to an end. I am planning on making a trip to the dunes this evening which should be good fun as well.

Updates on my life in the last month since I posted include, but are not limited to:

A strong urge/need to purchase a C trumpet to perform rep. that doesn't rest well on the Bb as well as to play in my professional orchestra (which is new also within the last month), the Laporte County Symphony Orchestra.

I have become addicted to The Office, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, two fantastic Thursday night programs you should all be watching. Side note: who knew cannibalism could be a topic for cheap laughs?

I had the opportunity to perform in a concert for the Confuscious Institute along with the rest of the VUSO, 5 HS string ensembles, about 20 fantastic musicians from China, and their leader who is a world famous Erhu soloist...if you've never heard the Erhu...look it up and the web or something, it is one of the most beautiful sounding instruments you'll ever hear.

I've visited the outlet malls in MI city for the first time, and found the Central Ave. beach at the dunes.

I've gotten an idea for a fantastic halloween party hosted by one of my readers off the ground.

I played in a wedding...always nice to have gigs.

I've made strides toward putting on a joint senior recital.

Friday night passtimes trips have become a regular occurance. Including two nights ago which was reminiscent of the old Wednesday night tradition.

I heard the CSO perform for free in Symphony Center yesterday and was blown away by their phenominal brass sound and the virtuousity of their concert master.

end of updates.

While I have not recently tried out for any professional athletic teams, I think it is important to note that I am already participating in a professional ensemble which is much more relevant to my field of study.

I have not eaten at a Sonic ever...but I have eaten at pretty much every restaraunt in Valpo over the past few weeks as I'm avoiding campus food like the plague this semester.

I'll leave you with one final thought...Kyle has a girl?

2 comments:

Britta said...

I'd do anything for some Union soup!!!!!!

Dave said...

Well, come on out here and I'll buy you some...I don't understand, but I do have a mealcard with a little money on it.